Teladan Prima Agro manages and cultivates 60,468 hectares of oil palm plantations (including 20% of plasma land) in the East Kalimantan Province as an integral part of its upstream plantation business activities. Teladan Prima Agro transforms the fresh fruit bunches collected from its nucleus and plasma oil palm plantations into crude palm oil (CPO) and palm kernel (PK) in its six palm oil mills as part of its processing activities. Teladan Prima Agro’s mills are located close to the plantations owned by the Company and have a combined processing capacity of 310 tonnes of FFB / hour.
In addition, Teladan Prima Agro’s supporting infrastructure offers various strategic advantages that enables the Company to provide the best services to its customers. Teladan Prima Agro has sixteen storage tanks with a capacity of 42,000 tons and two bulking operation locations.
Teladan Prima Agro manages oil palm estates with a favorable age profile at an optimal level of operational productivity and efficiency. Our effective operations provides a solid foundation for medium to long term growth derived from responsible business practices for the years to come.
Focusing on the development in East Kalimantan, Teladan Prima Agro and its subsidiaries, manage several oil palm plantation in Berau, East Kutai, Kutai Kartanegara, and Paser Ragency. By implementing best practices, TPA can compete by providing a high-quality Fresh Fruit Bunches.
The average age profile of our estates is ideal at 10-11 years. Approximately 97.8% of our planted area comprises highly productive oil palm plants that are mature or aged between 4 to 14 years. On the other hand, approximately 2.2% of our planted area is classified as immature or consists of oil palm plants aged between 0 to 3 years, which secures source of production growth within the near future.
With the increase in our plantation’s FFB production, Teladan Prima Agro also records a notable growth in CPO and PK production.
In 2020, Teladan Prima Agro and its subsidiaries produced more than 300,000 tons of CPO and more than 50.000 tons of PK compared to the year 2019 during which production of CPO and PK was at 290,000 tons and 47,000 tons, respectively.
Teladan Prima Agro’s high level of operational efficiency and productivity resulted in FFB yields per hectare of more than 21.0 tons per hectare and oil extraction rates (OER) of more than 23% for the year 2020. The Company’s CPO yield per hectare is more than 4.6 tons from the FFB originating from nucleus and plasma plantations.
Despite the various challenges faced by the oil palm plantation industry, Teladan Prima Agro’s strong performance demonstrates its adaptiveness and resilience in facing the uncertainties and dynamism of the palm oil industry.
With the growth of Teladan Prima Agro’s oil palm plantation, Teladan Prima Agro also expanded its processing capabilities operating 6 (six) palm oil mills under the auspices of 5 subsidiaries including PT Tanjung Buyu Perkasa Plantatinon, PT Telen, PT Telen Prima Sawit, PT Multi Jayantara Abadi and PT Cahaya Anugerah Plantation.